Unable to get the Webflow authentication tutorial to work

Hi all! We’re testing 8base, starting with the Webflow authentication tutorial here, https://www.8base.com/blog/setting-up-user-profiles-and-authentication-on-webflow

I’ve tried on a bare bones project and a more customized version. Both result in the same issue, the sign up button doesn’t seem to fire when clicked. Nothing happens. However, if I go to /profile, its working as normal with me being redirected to the sign in page.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would love to successfully complete this today (also have a ticket into support).

I did some debugging and it seems there is a password requirement of an upper case letter for the password. Not sure if this is being set by Webflow or 8base, be good to know for sure.

Now the user is being added to 8base but there is no redirect to the profile page.

Hey @kate! Hope all is well.

The password constraint is being enforced by 8base. Webflow actually has no idea that auth is happening, in this tutorial.

Something that this tutorial didn’t address is error handling, which is what you found in the console.

I just looked through the code and think I found a problem… In the Sign-up form script, update:

login(result) {
  if (result.errors.length) {
    this.errors = result.errors;
    return;
  }
  // ...more code

to

login(result) {
  if (result.errors && result.errors.length) {
    this.errors = result.errors;
    return;
  }
  // ...more code

I’m guessing that auth is happening correctly and but that line is throwing an error because no errors array is being returned on the result.

Thanks Sebastian, that solved that issue but there is a second issue with the Sign In form which produces a ‘Passwords cannot be submitted’ error in Webflow. Any thoughts on this error? This is a native error in Webflow that doesn’t seem to trigger on the Sign up page.

Hmmmmmm that’s a weird one… I’m not sure how that could be coming about…

2 Questions:

1. Is there any difference between your password inputs on the two different pages?
  2. Is the sign up password input NOT nested in a form, and the sign in password input IN a form?