Subscription Previous Values for Linked Records

I’ve got a subscription that is watching a linked record field to see if new records have been linked. It’s working, but it’s not showing the previous list of linked records in the “Previous Values” object. This subscription will trigger user notifications, so we need to basically suppress sending notifications to all of the previously linked records so we’re not spamming everyone. Maybe there’s a better way to do this so let me know. Thanks!

Here’s the subscription

subscription {
  Projects(filter: {
    mutation_in: [update],
    updatedFields: {
      contains: ["assignedWorkers"]
    }
  })  {
    node {
     	id
      name
      org {
        id
        name
      }
      assignedWorkers {
        items {
          id
          user {
            id
            email
            firstName
            lastName
          }
        }
      }
    }
    previousValues {
      assignedWorkers {
        items {
          id
          user {
            id
            email
            firstName
            lastName
          	}
          }
        }
      }
    mutation
  }
}

Hey @lukebldr - I just made an example workspace to test out this situation and it looks like the Previous Values field is not working as the expected behavior would be.

That said, if you haven’t already I would recommend taking a different approach than using a subscription to accomplish this, as it seems more appropriate that a Trigger Function on the Sever-side send notifications to the assignedWorkers rather than the front-end app based on this subscription.

I’d look at either a before or after Trigger on the Project’s table that looks at the incoming connect value and generates notifications for the relevant users.