How to delete phantom files

My dashboard says I’m using 132 MB of file space, but I only have 3 small icons that total only 82K.

How do I do a mutation to delete all these files? Also is there any plans to show the files table?

{
  filesList(withDeleted: true, filter: {
    deletedAt: {
      not_equals: 0
    }
  }) {
    items {
      deletedAt
      meta
    }
  }
}

Hey @mike_ekim1024 - looking into this to make sure it’s not an issue with reporting!

Any updates on reporting of files? It’s been a few weeks and it still shows 132MB after I deleted some images.

{
  filesList(withDeleted: true) {
    items {
      meta
    }
  }
}

{
  "data": {
    "filesList": {
      "items": [
        {
          "meta": { // "path" removed
            "size": 13389
          }
        },
        {
          "meta": {
            "size": 44895
          }
        },
        {
          "meta": {
            "size": 23894
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

@mike_ekim1024 added to Jira.

File and Attachment Space 0.132 / 1 GB

Btw, this is still wrong if it’s supposed to reflect actual usage. I’m using 82,178 KB, not 132 MB.

Are there any updates on this? I tried to delete files from filestack when users delete files in my application, but I’m getting the following error on the filestack.remove call:

The specified policy does not allow the call remove

I also see the file storage go up when users upload a file in the picker, but don’t end up creating an 8base record with it (if they don’t submit the form or replace the file with another one). It would be great if there was a way to delete these images (if there isn’t one already that I missed) or if files not associated with records in 8base can be deleted periodically.

In the backlog and planned for future releases.

I see this issue is 2 years old but it still persists. I’ve run into the problem as well. Can we ever expect a fix for this?

It’s a problem not just with “phantom files”, but in our case because we create and upload files as part of an integration test suite. If we can’t delete them, we will quickly use up our filestack allowance just through running our automated test suite.

1 Like