Geolocation fails

Hi, i was trying to use geolocation fields that 8base provides
I tried to filter based in the coordinates that I put as parameters and it must give me the distance based in the coordinates that are in the other records
The unit that I want to have are meters, but it gives me wrong distance, when the distance is 45meters
Here is the code:

It is similar to the example in the documentation, but it’s no giving me what I want

Hello!

We’ll give you a response as soon as possible. Sorry about the long wait.

Lada Kokotova | Technical Support Engineer

Hello!

I gave your issue to our QA Engineer. He’ll investigate it and we’ll get back to you with the feedback.

Hello @jetixsolorzano !
I’ve checked the distance function between a few points and actually got the right results with a ~ 5-10 meters margin of error compared to popular web GPS solutions.
I’ll clarify which formula/algorithm do we use to measure the distance between two geo points.
Can you provide exact data from the Addresses table so I’ll check it with your coordinates?

@jetixsolorzano
I’ve managed to reproduce it. Looks like a bug, I’ll report it to the dev team, they will investigate and fix it in one of the upcoming 2022 releases.
Sorry for that and thanks for the feedback!

Ok thanks, notify me when you fix this bug

1 Like

Sure!

Is there any updates?

We don’t have any updates now. I will definitely let you know about any updates.

1 Like

is there any updates?

Our developer is working on this issue. I’ll let you know when it’s ready.

You should switch latitude and longitude. We have a mistake in the documentation.

[latitude, longitude] => [longitude, latitude]

We’ll definitely correct this mistake.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lada Kokotocva | Technical Support Engineer