CF Created Trigger Not Executing When Row has Missing Connections

Issue Description: What’s happening?

TLDR; CF Trigger not firing if table has un-connected relations.

I have a comps Table with 2 relation fields mapping to State and County tables. When I run a compsCreateMany mutation (which does not allow for making the connection to State and County), the rows are added to the table w/o the connections.

As such, I’ve created a trigger custom function that I’d like to run when comps are created to make those connections, but unfortunately, it is not triggered by compsCreateMany. If I create a comp through the console w/ a State & County it is triggered so I know it’s configured correctly.

Reproduce the Issue: What steps can someone take to replicate the problem?

1. Build a table that has a “Table” type field in it’s schema.
  2. Write a CF trigger for the newly created table
  3. Use the API explorer to create a new row w/o connections to your “Table” field.

Expected Behavior: What did you expect to happen?

Function is triggered with the data for the newly created row.

Actual Behavior: What actually happened?

Function not triggered, I’m assuming since connections are missing.

FWIW

I just need a way to import sales comps and make the connections to the corresponding Table fields. If there is a better way to go about this, I’m open to other ideas. The CSV import doesn’t support connections as best I can tell.

Hey Ben! Check out the Data key on this JSON file. https://github.com/8base/app-example/blob/master/server/DEMO.json

Setting up your objects this way with the expected relations, you should be able to accomplish. The CLI command would be 8base import --file ./path/to/file.json --schema=false --data=true